Instagram has quickly eclipsed many of the original social networks and has become one of the most powerful players in the social game. Users across all demographics have fallen in love with the simplicity of Instagram as well as its innovative sharing abilities. From posts to Stories, there are options for everyone on Instagram. For tour and activity operators, Instagram is an essential component of any social media marketing strategy.
Instagram statistics for tour and activity operators
Instagram is one of the largest social networking sites on the planet, boasting 1 billion users worldwide. The sheer size of it alone is enough to convince nearly any brand to get active on Instagram, but here are a few statistics that might mean even more to tour and activity operators:
- Fully 88% of Instagram users are not located in the United States. This is important for tour and activity operators who attract a global audience.
- Approximately 71% of Instagram users are under the age of 35. Since millennials and those in Generation Z are avid travelers, Instagram is a worthwhile platform for the tourism industry.
- Some 38% of all Instagram users check their Instagram feeds multiple times each day. This means that there are several opportunities to capture the attention of your target audience on Instagram.
How tour operators can use Instagram to drive conversions
These are a few tips that tour operators can use to increase engagement on Instagram:
- Post vivid images frequently, and always use your brand hashtag when you post.
You should post at least once or twice per day on Instagram, as users are known to check their feeds several times throughout the day. Your brand hashtag will help you establish brand recognition on Instagram and will allow users to immediately recognize your content.
- Use Stories to create engaging, interactive content.
Stories are becoming the go-to form of content on Instagram, with many users opting to post short videos and images throughout the day that will disappear after 24 hours. You can use Stories to create compilations of content that showcase daily life at your tour and activity company. A daily Story might include a video from your tour operator, a few images that customers have tagged you in, and a link to the latest deal you are offering.
- Ask your travelers to tag your brand when they share photos from their experiences with your company on Instagram.
In many ways, the content that other users create and post on Instagram about your brand is more valuable than what you share. Instagrammers are notoriously influential in convincing others to try a new experience, so it’s important to encourage your travelers to share their photos after their tour is complete.
From vivid images to creative hashtags, there’s always something to consider before you post to Instagram. These tips will help you build your base on Instagram and keep your followers engaged with your brand.
If you enjoyed this article – Instagram for tours and activities operators. Leveraging the image Goliath. – then follow the Rezdy blog. There are a lot of marketing tools and resources designed with businesses like yours in mind.
Start your free demo or trial of Rezdy today.
Want to learn more?
Need more tips on attracting tourists? Click here.
Read our blog on ‘5 ways to attract tourists to your tour or experience business’ here.