Implementing an SEO strategy that is filled with fresh content and powerful keywords is an important step toward increasing your tour and activity company’s visibility online, but how will you know if it was a success? By tracking data and evaluating metrics, you can determine whether you are reaching your target market segment online. The best way to do this is by using Google Analytics.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free tool that you can integrate with your website in order to evaluate the impact of your online marketing campaigns and any SEO strategies that you have in place. Google Analytics compiles metrics and evaluates data that is incredibly useful to business owners, including tour and activity operators, who need to remain visible to a specific target audience.
Read more: Don’t Break the Bank: How to Advertise Your Tours and Activities on a Budget
6 Ways Google Analytics Can Help Your Tour and Activity Business
- You will be able to discover who is booking your tours. Google Analytics will be able to tell you more about your overall conversion rate, but it also breaks down specific site visitors based on their location, their age and other demographic information that can help you better identify target market segments.
- You will learn more about the conversion funnel for your business. The conversion funnel is the path that a site visitor takes in order to convert to a customer. For example, a customer may find your website on the search engine results page, then click through three landing pages, before ultimately booking directly with you online.
- You will know which device your travelers prefer to use when booking your tours. Google Analytics can tell you whether your customers are booking your tours on a smart phone or tablet, or if they prefer to use a desktop computer. You can use this information to create marketing campaigns that better fit the needs of your travelers.
- You will gain insight into which channels are driving the most traffic to your website. By identifying which channels are most powerful, you can refine your distribution strategy and focus on agent partnerships that achieve the best results.
- You will find out which pages are most popular on your website. When you have an understanding of which pages are most useful or interesting to your target audience, you can continue to refine and update those pages to drive more traffic.
- You will learn more about what works and what does not work when it comes to online marketing. By tracking results and evaluating the data that is available on Google Analytics, you can develop new campaigns that will drive more bookings than the previous campaigns.
If you enjoyed this article – 6 Ways Google Analytics Can Help Tour and Activity Businesses – then follow the Rezdy blog. There are a lot of marketing tools and resources designed with businesses like yours in mind.
Start your free demo or trial of Rezdy today.
Want to learn more?
Need more tips on attracting tourists? Click here.
Read our blog on ‘5 ways to attract tourists to your tour or experience business’ here.