Search engine ‘spiders’ crawl the web every day according to rules which change constantly, meaning your ranking can change from one day to the next. There are several factors that ensure your website gets better visibility through a higher search engine rank. Ranking factors can be grouped in terms of on-page content and off-page site authority.
On-page content represents 25% of your website ranking. It’s comprised of many elements, such as:
- Content: It’s obvious that your website needs content to rank on search engines. It must be meaningful, consistent, useful, interesting and relevant. The more quality content you can create, the better. Search engines are built in such a way that it weeds out irrelevant or duplicate content, so don’t even think of trying to shortcut quality.
- Keywords: Search engine spiders determine how relevant a website is to a search term through its keywords. What keywords you select for your title tag is extremely important, as it heavily influences your search engine rank. They also examine keywords used in your body text, so repeating keywords and their synonyms have an impact on search engine rank.
- Quality: High quality content is search engine spiders are programmed to look for, and it will make your website more interesting and popular than others. Bet on quality over quantity to ensure that visitors will like it enough to come back often and tell all their friends. Quality content is inextricably linked to your customer loyalty strategy.
- Freshness: Quality means relevant, not outdated. What you share needs to be current – that means it is updated frequently. This is what is called dynamic content. Some content needs to be refreshed by nature (like your quarterly newsletter, your website’s bi-weekly blog, your client’s testimonials, etc).
Off-page content represents 75% of your website’s search engine rank and is determined in several ways:
- Site authority: If your site is popular (where ‘popular’ means it gets linked to by many other sites on a merit basis, or as a reference from others on tour and activity topics), it holds more authority. Introduce fresh and quality content frequently to up your chances of being seen as authoritative.
- Inbound links: Links from other websites matter to search engines that factor the quality and quantity of inbound links into their results. A good link-building campaign is both time-consuming and valuable for your tour and activity website.
Rezdy tours and activities booking system is a great tool to improve your search engines ranking. Having a booking button on your site means more external websties will link to yours. Additionallly integration with social media means customers can share their experience on sites like Facebook, Twitter, Trip Advisor.