Because travelers are now researching online before they book tours and activities, optimising your online presence for reviews becomes an absolute necessity.
These 10 key statistics prove that accumulating positive online reviews is a non-negotiable strategy for niche tour operators to succeed in this day and age:
1. There are currently 200+ million reviews written across the internet (TrustYou) Tweet this stat!
2. On holiday, 24% of travelers use their smartphones for reading reviews, while 22% use their tablets (Trip Barometer) Tweet this stat!
3. The most important sources that influenced the decisions of global travelers were travel review websites, online travel agencies, and tour operator sites (Tourism Research Australia) Tweet this stat!
4. 70% of global consumers say online consumer reviews are the second most trusted form of advertising (Edelman) Tweet this stat!
5. 93% of global travelers say their booking decisions are impacted by online reviews (Trip Barometer) Tweet this stat!
6. 81% of all reviews are positive (Trip Barometer) Tweet this stat!
7. 79% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations… this is an increase of 10% compared to 2012 (Bright Local Study) Tweet this stat!
8. TripAdvisor has 150 million reviews (TripAdvisor) Tweet this stat!
9. TripAdvisor has 26 million unique monthly visitors from travellers around the world (TripAdvisor) Tweet this stat!
10. TripAdvisor has 90 reviews submitted every minute (TripAdvisor) Tweet this stat!
Copy and paste the code below
If you would like to get more interesting facts for tour operators,
You can also subscribe to this blog and get notifications sent to your inbox as frequently as you like.